Sunday, August 15, 2010

Before You Were Born

Adaline is 13 days old today! She slept exceptionally well last night. I got 3.5 hours of sleep in a row! Daddy and I were so thankful. Especially because she had slept all day yesterday so we weren't expecting much for sleep. What a great surprise. In other news, Adaline meets her uncle Tim and aunt Anne today. Because of this big event Adaline needed to look her best so she had a bath this morning. She is really starting to enjoy them. My favorite part is wrapping her up in the super soft, organic cotton towel (that aunt Anne gave her) and rocking her for awhile after the bath. I then lotion her up, get her dressed, and we rock some more. During the second round of rocking in my fabulous glider I figured it was a perfect time for another book. Here is what we decided on for today!
Before You Were Born
by Jennifer Davis
illustrated by Laura Cornell

So today's book is not one from my childhood but a book I received as a gift for one of my baby showers. I love it because it reminds me of the time my mother was pregnant with my little brother and was trying to explain pregnancy to my sister (then 6) and I (then 7.5). She did a great job but I am sure that if this book was around back in 1993 it would have been part of the collection. It is such a sweet, rhyming story with flaps that uncover fun facts about the growth of a baby inside the mommy. All of the facts are appropriate for young children and very factual and informational. I love this book and will definitely be reading it to Adaline again when it is time for #2... don't get any ideas though people! ;-)

Think you might love Before You Were Born? Amazon has it so click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment