Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love You Forever

I'm not going to lie... I read this book to her yesterday, not today. I just didn't get a chance to write about it. We have had a busy week! Adaline was 2 weeks on Monday. She had her 2 week check up and she weighed 7 lb 7 oz and is 21 in long. That's 4 oz above her birth weight! Tuesday we went to Covenant Hospital to visit with a lactation consultant. We are doing great but still trying to work out some kinks. After our appointment we went to Target, then Jimmy John's for lunch, home for a bit, then Hyvee for some much needed groceries. Later on Gram and Grandpa Hoekstra stopped to get their daily dose of baby and gave Mom and Dad a chance to eat our homemade enchiladas that we had previously made and frozen. It has definitely been a busy week so far so today Adaline and I are taking a girls day. Daddy starts his new job at T8 Webware so we are on our own! I am sure we will use some of that girl time to read today but before we do that I must share with you the book we read yesterday!

Love You Forever
By Robert Munsch
Illustrated by Sheila McGraw

Love You Forever is a story about unconditional love and how this love is strong enough to last generation after generation. Even through everyday or more serious struggles the love between a mother and child has the potential to be stronger than anything else in the universe. This book holds an extremely special place in my heart. I can, clear as day, still remember my mother reading this book to me over an over again. If I close my eyes I can almost smell how my home used to smell and feel my mom's heart beating as she reads this book to my siblings and I before bed. This is my most memorable childrens' book. Ever sense my mother passed away I still can not read this book with out crying. The memories of her reading this book to me mean more to me than anything else I have ever possessed. I love that I got to rock Adaline to sleep while reading the exact same copy of this book to her. Yes, the tears flowed and I didn't care at all. I loved it so much. I read it so slow and really felt every word the same way my mom did for me. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment